Monday 2 May 2011

Day 117: Costume 5

For shoot number 4 I wanted to create movement within my pictures similar to shoot 2 as I wanted a variety of styles within my shoots. The location which the costume was based on, a boatyard, meant i could take inspiration from the sails of boats to add movement to the garment. I kept the colour palette simple and complimentary to the white of the boats.
draping lots of material
experimenting in a sail shape
cut open buoy as a hat accessory
contrasting bright buoy
I took inspiration from Duchamp who took an ordinary article of life, placed it so that its useful significance disappeared under the new title and point of view and created a new thought for that object. When deciding what accessories I looked at the shapes of Oskar Schlemmer's costumes and found similarities between a costume and a buoy at sea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment