Tuesday 9 November 2010

Day 42: Bookmaking

I loved today! I was so excited to try something I had never done before and gain another skill. I found the process itself surprisingly simple if you have all the materials and instructions!
I had some issues in the final stage of putting on the cover as it is so hard to get it exact but as it was my first book I have ever made I wasn't too worried.


I liked the freedom we had to chose the paper, cover and edging but found myself conforming to the classic sketch book with a slight change, my edges. My initial plan was to trim all edges to keep the book neat and tidy but found that when tearing the paper it curled up alot. At first I thought I was doing something awful and got frustrated as it was only happening to mine but I grew to love it and preferred the character it gave the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment