Wednesday 10 November 2010

Day 43: Contextual Lecture and Life Drawing

The nature and influence of Collections

I think this lecture has really helped me because lots of galleries mentioned were ones which we can visit on the Berlin Trip so it was great to know abit of history about the building and what it exhibited.
I think from the museums described I am most looking forward to the contemporary art at Hamburger Bahnhof and the Daimler gallery.
One artist which was mentioned for his collection of british culture but I have looked into him and found that he is an amazing set designer. Below is the link to his website.
http://www.clmus.com/set-design/simon-costin
Another collection which I was interested in was the Baked Bean Museum of Excellence in South Wales! I found it very amusing how a man can turn his love for baked beans into a museum!

Life Drawing
I am learning to enjoy life drawing now and found the process of quick drawings allowed to not to focus on one thing too much and also the layering made things less clear so could hide some mistakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment