Monday 8 November 2010

Day 41: Research Day

Today I had my research day for the Colour Project and I knew I wanted to do a response to something current and up to date but found it hard to think of ideas within the print, paint, book and photography guidelines. I therefore used them as rough guidelines and found myself filling with huge ideas of installations and photo shoots! My ideas included:
  • Covering my room (at halls of residency, Tuke House) in newspaper and magazines as a response to the impact of media on a students life
  • Making a short film of the art students life
  • creating an installation reflecting my negativity towards the rise in university fees
  • turning my room into a huge nest as a response to creating my own home, away from home
The ideas above really got my mind exploring all ideas but then also making me re think certain ideas as it must be possible in afew days!

Rise in fees

Below is a response to the rise in university fees going up to as much as three times the existing fee. The first few photographs would be my life at university if I had to pay three times as much...
My two roommates would not be here as two thirds of students are now considering not doing a degree.
With the cut backs from university funding, accommodation prices would rise and space reduced.
Due to the rise in fees I would have less money for basic living needs, e.g food.
The cutback in university funding would also result in smaller facilities and not as high standard.

As a result of raising university fee's this would have a direct impact on the future working population...
Fewer people would graduate and therefore a population with fewer qualifications and skills


As a direct result of fewer qualifications, people would therefore have a low income, or none at all, and therefore more people jobless and homeless.


It has been shown that the more stress experienced in younger life the more likely to de depressive at a later age, through the stress of university application and money this could lead straight to depression.

Film Lecture- Tremough Campus
Neil Foss
I traveled up to Tremough campus after being invited to a guest lecture by the BA Film lecturer which I met at the film festival. I found the actual lecture itself rather boring as he went over things which I had already learnt from the film festival. I did enjoy his short film as there was amazing lighting but found the storyline very confusing. 
The wow factor of tonight was Neil Foss showing his favourite short film directed by Tony Zoreil, called Tony Zean. This short film had amazing everything! Great storyline, good editing and good camerawork. Below is the link to the trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment