Tuesday 16 November 2010

Day 47: Research Project

Whilst I had many ideas to do an big installation or film, I have had to re-think my ideas to make something which is achievable in the time limit. I started by studying into the objects on the table and found myself attracted to the plastic bottles because there were so many of them.
After doing sketches I decided to make a raft to represent how all objects, once taken out of their usual environment can be seen in a different way. Just by fixing together alot of bottles and putting it into the water I was able to give the bottles a structure and a story, an ironic idea of a message in a bottle.
Whilst I thought this was going to be achievable I found myself having problems locating empty bottles, placing the raft in the water and photographing it.
I had planned to get an amazing landscape in the background and capture it at a really low angle incorporating it into the landscape and making it appear alot larger. Due to not being able to get to the right location, I had to work with a pier and found that I had not fixed the bottles together as well as I needed to!


No comments:

Post a Comment