Tuesday 15 February 2011

London Fashion Week: Day 2

Office and Showroom

I arrived at the office at 9 this morning looking forward to the day ahead of me. My first job of the day was counting buttons! Thousands!
Next some sample scarfs were being sent to the showroom so I had to sew on labels. For the rest of the morning I was free to read the millions of magazines floating round the office. I thought my university had a good collection but the Orla Kiely collection definitely tops it!
After lunch Orla came into the studio and suggested I spend the afternoon at the showroom to see the sales side of the business.
Travelling round again is great, I am loving it and have really missed the chaos of the city.
I arrive at the showroom and they were with a client. I was rushed downstairs and shown around. The showroom space is really smart and perfect for what is needed. The team of girls at the showroom are so friendly and really nice to work with. I feel more at home at the showroom than the office.
The showroom usually has around 5 clients a day and can last over 2 hours. I noticed it is a very relaxed meeting, more of a discussion between the client and sales are trying to push a newer acorn print to develop from the original stem print.


After the client left the showroom was a mess! My first job was to return everything to the original display using merchandising pictures of the rails. The second job of the day was making tea and whilst this sounds simple, at 18 years old I had never made a tea! Afew AW11 samples had make up on them and so I dropped them to the dry cleaners, whilst out I also collected afew things from the covent garden shop. Orla and Dermott visited the showroom and made afew comments and changes. My last job of the day was to merchandise the purse cabinet which I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment