Tuesday 22 February 2011

London Fashion Week: Day 9

Relative PR
Mary Katrantzou

After Giles yesterday I didnt think any show would be able to top it. Mary Katrantzou location was beautiful but not comparable to Giles. I was not the biggest Mary Katrantzou fan but the AW11 collection was vry well put together, with the enchanting patterns which can sometimes look too much all together but structured very well. My role again was to lay out goodie bags and seat people which I am now a pro at! On the other hand I was really shocked at the weight of some of the models, which in my opinion were too thin.




















Emilio De La Morena

This was the first show at Somerset House which I worked on which was really exciting for me. When I arrived I made the most of the free time and took a range of photographs outside from outfits to the architecture. Once inside we had the chance to watch the run through which was amazing to see the models go down the catwalk in their own clothes. I noticed that the majority wear simple clothing, jeans and a plain top but with big knits. After the rehearsal we did a quick meeting going through the seating and then it was show time. People filed in and were greeted and seated by me, including Olivia Palermo (pictured right with Emilio).




Amanda Wakeley
Amanda Wakeley is one of my favourite designers so I was really looking forward to working on this show. The collection was beyond my expectation, I could have taken any one of those items and been able to wear it with anything. Watching the run through before hand was amazing as opposite the catwalk was Amanda Wakeley. Even though this wasnt as breathtaking as Giles, Amanda Wakeley was certainly competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment