Tuesday 18 January 2011

Day 71: Tutorial

Today I had another weekly tutorial with Lawrence, discussing recent work and future projects. He commented that my fashion shoot was striking and I was a very powerful photographer. I am pleased I can show the wide variety of my skills. We also discussed how I am wanting to study Public Relations in the future and briefly covered PR in the Art sector. Some artists included Joseph Beuys, a German artist which I had seen in mt recent visit to Berlin and how he involves people within his artwork (for example planting 1000 trees). We covered the term Institutional Critique "is an art term that describes the systematic inquiry into the workings of art institutions, for instance galleries and museums, and is most associated with the work of artists" (Wikipedia). Hans Haacke is one of the most well known for his conceptual artwork as an institutional critique. His artwork (right) reminded me of my similar conceptual idea(below). I used myself as the model and dripped chocolate down me and cigarettes to represent the tar within cigarettes and the negative effect upon health.

No comments:

Post a Comment