Monday 31 January 2011

Day 80: Studio and Presentation

Today I have spent the day in the studio exploring ideas for a new project. I have not done a studio shoot using studio lighting so I hope to make the most out of that. I have found inspiration from photography blogs which showcase artists work.
Artists I have found which I really respond to are Iain Crawford, Frederique Daubal, Luis Sanchis and Till Rabus.
Some initial ideas for shoots are:
  • cloud drawing- take pictures of the clouds and draw shapes ontop
  • sex sells- comic response to the power of sex in advertising
  • glass sheet- use a piece of glass to photograph a figure behind condensation
  • scarf on head- how a scarf can disform a face
  • splattered paint- making the body a canvas
  • balloon dress- fun, comical shoot with a dress made from balloons
In the afternoon six of my colleagues presented their artist inspiration and recent work to the class. I found this really interesting because I hadn't seen their work before. It was encouraging to see that other people are working hard and motivated me to continue working to my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment