Monday 7 March 2011

Day 88: PART 3

My success in fashion shoots from part 2 has shown me how many ways in which photography plays a vital role in the fashion world. For part 3 I plan on using my strongest areas from part 2, playin all roles in fashion shoots, from photographer to stylist to designer. I lacked contextual development in part 2 so plan on backing all designs and inspiration with contextual reasoning.
When brainstorming ideas for part 3 I found that I cared more about the end result, the presentation and the exhibition set up as I do not want my picture simply hanging on a wall, it has been done before and I plan to find a creative way to show my work. I not only want end photographs but also a range of work displayed to support them.
My initial ideas have been inspired by the areas I find most intriguing in Fashion.
One idea was inspired from pictures I have taken at London Fashion Week for Part 3. Reflecting on the photos I see many tall, skinny and 'perfect' looking women, reminding me of a Barbie. The Barbie Doll has recently celebrated its 50th birthday with a Barbie Fashion Show. Another idea is representing the fashion world, the fast pace and competitive industry.
Both these ideas have their strengths and weaknesses so in the end it came down to the inspiration I have recently found during London Fashion Week and my visit to Berlin and exploring the Bauhaus Costumes which led me to the title for part 3, Bauhaus Barbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment