Tuesday 15 March 2011

Day 94: Photography Taster Week

Pin Hole Photography
The process was sow te first time making the camera from a beer can but if I were to repeat it would take alot less time. I found this task a real struggle as to be operating the beer can as a manual camera was hand full, without even considering the time which you expose the paper to. I had never thought about the process within a camera before so it was interesting to see a photo at ever stage. 
After 4 attempts I finally produced a photograph which had some areas of light and shade.

Below are the photos which were produced from the pin hole camera. I find the distortion really obscure and interesting but the lack of detail takes away from the picture. On the other hand I am sure the detail could be achieved after mastering the technique with pinhole cameras.




I later scanned them into Photoshop, inverted them and boosted the contrast. This brought out alot more of the detail and turned out to be really intriguing. I feel I could easily do this again as I really enjoyed it and liked the end result. I am not sure as to how this would work within fashion though.






No comments:

Post a Comment