Thursday 17 March 2011

Day 95: Research Tremough

As I am using friends as models, in my past experience I have had to give them alot of direction as to what pose or what mood I want in the photos. This can become an issue as I want to keep the photos as high end fashion and I am restricted in my knowledge of modelling. To overcome this problem I have found Vogue Book of Fashion Photography by Polly Devlin not only helps with inspiration for the models but also for compositions within shooting.

To continue my experimentation I took photographs of a plastic Barbie in an interesting way. By removing the colour from two photographs changes the mood of the picture, it takes away from the barbie and is represented in a different light. The colour on the other hand expresses the vibrant blonde, tanned skin and bright blue eyes of Barbie. Relating this to a photoshoot is subjective, depending on the location, the costume and the model, I have found once I have taken the photographs I will need to allow for a long editing stage as I manipulate each photograph individually. Whilst they are a series of photographs which are all linked, I do not plan on editing all the same way.




As a further experimentation I decided to edit my face onto the body of a barbie. This was to highlight the lack of realism withing the figure, joints and pose of the doll. It has sparked an idea into how alot of girls wanted to be barbie and wished she could try on barbies clothes. I would love for viewers at the exhibition to live the dream and try on the costumes I made but that is unrealistic due to worry of damaging the costume. It is an idea to further explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment