Monday 27 September 2010

Day 11: Accurate Drawing

Accurate Drawing 

Below is a photo of me doing an accurate drawing through measuring proportions using my pencil



Task:
  • 1st drawing- 10 minute sketch from observation of object on table
  • 2nd drawing- 50 minute sketch using a one to one measuring system with the pencil
  • 3rd drawing- using the measuring system either double or half the size
  • 4th drawing- make a comparison drawing using the pencil technique
  • 5th drawing- spend the afternoon sketching a composition and practicing the techniques
Analysis:

This was my first experience with using a measuring technique. At first I found it very hard to focus on a particular area with only one eye but after a bit of practice I got the hang of doing a direct transfer using the pencil. By the end of the day I able to do a direct transfer aswell as halving the size or doubling up the measurements. When I tried to do an accurate drawing using the proportions technique I struggled. I decided instead of jumping too far ahead, as this was the first time I had ever tired this method, I would perfect scaling up or down instead of using the proportions method. This really helped me as I can now draw accurately scaling up or down and I look forward to practicing tomorrow the proportions. This will also help with my life drawing as am always getting the wrong proportions, that is why I am very pleased we have been taught this technique before my life drawing class on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment