Tuesday 28 September 2010

Day 12: Wideangle Drawing


Wideangle drawing
Tasks:
Draw as if looking through a wide angle lens
create distortion- antidote to focusing in one area and become aware of information receiving- mind will try to over ride
Try not to use a ruler as looks mechanical
Draw vertical line, then line at eye level, select unit of measurement and divide up page into at least 10 divisions
Analysis
After yesterday I was really looking forward to grasping the measuring technique and predicted it would take some time to practice though. My prediction was correct after working for 5 hours I had only produced a light drawing with basic shapes. I realised at the beginning of the day I would find the exercise more beneficial if I really concentrated and tried to get all the proportions right using the technique instead of rushing the drawing to get it finished but not fully grasping the method. After fully getting to grips with it I had some issues with angles and it was hard to measure. I was able to overcome this by using my pencil to measure the angle and transferring it onto the paper. Whilst it was very time consuming I found by the end of the day my drawing was accurate.


No comments:

Post a Comment