Thursday 7 April 2011

Day 100: Costume 2

Costume 2 was inspired from a journey back home to London and passing the breathtaking yellow fields with daffodils as far as the eye could see. Continuing on the theme of re invention I decided to incorporate the flowers themselves as a garment.

I was worried as to if the obscure idea of hanging baskets filled with oasis would hold the daffodils but to my suprise I was amazed with the result, it was better than I had ever imagined. The hanging basket idea was going to work!

The real challenge today came when making the skirt. I wanted the skirt to have an architectural feeling to it, one of the Bauhaus' most successful outcomes, but to get structure and shape in a skirt made form garden materials was very hard. I tried everything from cardboard boxes to garden wire but nothing would hold. Tomorrow i plan on continuing my experimentation for the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment