Tuesday 5 April 2011

Day 98: Costume 1

Reflecting on the first day I had to tackle many issues but successfully overcame them all. I have had problems with the weight of the cardboard (used to add the structure) as it was not being supported, I figured on the day of the shoot the rest of the bodice will be taped to the model (over cling film so it doesnt stick) and therefore the cardboard would hold. The original design for the sleeve was to have it loose and accentuate the length in her arm but I found problems whilst securing the bottom of the sleeve. Therefore I rolled up the sleeve and pinned it, in the end the problem turned into a positive as the sleeve now adds extra shape and design int the costume and really gives it a modern edge. I found using tape as the main material very tricky as soon as it sticks it cannot be moved so it didn't allow much room for mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment