Thursday 28 April 2011

Day 113: Costume 4

Taking inspiration from the location I have already selected, a run down hotel, I have sourced material to make the costume form. The material I selected represents the run down quality of the hotel and I plan on using spray paint to represent the vandalism of the graffiti. The photos below show my process of experimentation of materials.
canvas material



adding shape
I used the hanging baskets from costume 2 (which I am no longer using for a shoot) to add shape at the hips. One of Oskar Schlemmer's main focus was shape and I have included this in my pasts shoots and wanted to keep this as a continuous theme. The shape gave it structure and I believed it transformed the costume into something new and exciting.
I am unsure as to my colour palette for the spray paint on top as I would like to feature the Barbie Pink in at least one of my shoots so plan on incorporating it. It would work well as this shoot is all about transformation and how the graffiti has transformed the abandoned hotel, similarly the paint and colour transforms the costume with vibrancy and impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment