Wednesday 13 April 2011

Day 104: Shoot 1 editing

Initial editing
The first step in my editing process is to select the top compositions I want to use, roughly 12. I then edit each on differently using a wide range of effects, crops and tools. I try to make each one completely different from the last as then i will have a huge range to chose from. The only problem i encountered with this is...i forgot how i edited them!
Some are pretty basic editing but for my final effects i had chosen the one technique which i couldnt remember how to do. After manipulating an original photo for awhile I finally found how i created this unusal technique, by desaturating the photo, then going crazy with curves which gave the metal in the photo a space like look. I have chosen this effect to use on my favourite three compositions. I chose three as in a fashion spread this is the average amount I would be fascinated by before losing interest.
I have found editing your own pictures is one of the hardest things as would have to be very selective
classic b&w with extra contrast
love the composition, b&w with extra contrast
like the effect but takes away from costume
barbie inspired pose and colours
barbie inspired pose, b&w, compliments the costume
ejector seat adds detail and context, highlights shape in leg and arm
flash makes it look superficial, saturated colours
very successful edit, curves gone crazy and b&w
extrude around model, very effective but takes away from costume

No comments:

Post a Comment