Tuesday 5 October 2010

Day 17: Kit Project

This project was a nice change to drawing. We were given a limited amount of materials, 'the kit' and had to create a sculpture based on one of the following headings; containment, tallest self supporting structure, volume, movement, support a 1kg weight or span a 1m gap. 
I chose to create a sculpture based on containment but the main aim I had was to use as much apparatus as possible. I therefore used machinery to cut holes in metal and wood, use two mechanic saws to cut wood and metal and another to bend the metal. I also used a mechanical machine to sand down the wood and filed the metal down so it wasn't sharp.
Whilst I really enjoyed the day as it was different to what I have ever done before, I think the sculpture itself is pretty basic due to my main aim in which I really got the hang of using the machines. I am really pleased I focused on making the most of the tools as in the future I will be able to use them to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment