Monday 25 October 2010

Day 31: Finds Project

Colour Workshop


We all brought in 10 coloured objects, whic were layed out on the table going from red toblack. Then we re-aranged them and moved complimentary colours next to each other and also in order of tone. I found that it was most effective when the deepest colours were put next to each other to show a strong contrast.

Next we had a mini lecture on artists collections which used objects in a specific way. I was really amazed by the work of Cornelia Parker who uses materials she finds to create artwork. In one project she blew up a garden shed and has used the fragments to create a breath taking hanging piece which produces very unique shadows (pictured below left). I also like the fact that it is on a large scale as it puts emphasis on all the small details.

Noble and Webster were other artists mentioned who create shadow projections using 'junk' (pictured above right). I found this piece very unusual as at first glance it does just look like a pile of junk whereas the shadow produced is beautiful and very precise. I was surprised that when looking back at the pile I stile could not identify the outline which shows the power and importance light has on a piece of artwork. This also reminded me of the John Lewis Christmas advert in 2007 (link below).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g24W5pPsBts&feature=player_embedded

Below are photos I took throughout the day and activities responding to the objects.





I found that working with still life was really easy to manipulate and change to give a different styles. I also started to play around with settings when taking photographs of the objects on the light box by using long exposure and also a colour effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment