Tuesday 19 October 2010

Day 27: Fabric and Form continued

After really enjoying the first day of fabric and form I was looking forward to continue working on it. My research into Stephen Hann also really helped as his work, similar to mine, uses unconventional materials.

My A1 worksheet really helped me throughout the day as my sketches I made throughout the week meant I had lots of inspiration and ideas. I found that once I had the basic structure I could experiment with materials and found that some mistakes then turned into good ideas.

I encountered afew problems when sewing the rubbish bags and bubble wrap due to the thickness of the material in the sewing machine. The main issue with my dress is that it can only exist on the mannequin. Whilst I had sewn parts, I had only pinned other areas and would be very hard to sew, also the drape of the dress is not structured or sized for a person.

Therefore I have made a great emphasis in getting good photographs of my dress as this is the only record I will have. I have used an installation another group made yesterday as a background setting for the shoot.







No comments:

Post a Comment