Friday 15 October 2010

Day 25: Futures Lecture

Patrick Shanahan- Photography


I found today's lecture interesting as it was a refreshing contrast to fine art future lectures. Patrick Shanahan, a photographer, mainly showed long exposure and flash photographs taken as part of his Esperantis project from 1998-2001. I found these images very vibrant in colour with the juxtaposition of the artificial and natural light.


For another project Shanahan worked with the environment and captured physical processes with vibrant detail. This reminded me of my study into the process and the strong impact made by the detail and saturated colours. Below is the montage I created on Photoshop using photographs I have taken in a rust scrapyard and edited.


 This afternoon I continued work on my typography project by using the Hut at Wellington Terrace to make a large scale final piece. This final piece was created by using electrical tape to spell out the word Perspective on the wall. I was able to easily scale up the measurements as I had created a small scale version afew days ago. I really enjoyed this project as I had never worked on such a large scale before. As this piece of work is only temporary I have had to record it by taking pictures. After uploading them I have played around with effects on Photoshop to create very striking edited photos.









No comments:

Post a Comment