Friday 29 October 2010

Day 35: The Eden Project

Today we had a trip to The Eden Project for the day. I was very excited as I have never been there but heard amazing things form my previous art tutors. When I arrived I was truly gobsmacked by the architecture and placement within a huge valley of the Eden Project. Once inside the biomes I was transported to a whole other country! The atmosphere within these environments was so captive that it was a very inspiring place. I found that I was mainly attracted to the wide range of colour. Below are photographs which I have taken and edited using Photoshop. 
Another main interest of the day was being able to handle Owls as I have a personal interest in owls and their beauty. I find the faces very characterised and expressionate mixed with the intricate detail in the feathers.
I found it great that the other day we had a lecture which mentioned Peter Randall-Page's artwork, 'Seed', and then afew days later I was able to see it for myself.
Whilst in the rainforest biome I experimented with long exposure on the waterfall to try and capture the movement.
















No comments:

Post a Comment