Thursday 14 October 2010

Day 24: Typography continued

Today I continued with the Typography project and really enjoyed experimenting in ways I could present the word 'Perspective'. I had my idea and the type face but I was not sure how I could create the installation. My plan was to write on the corner of a wall but for obvious reasons I was not allowed to ruin the studio walls! By talking to Dion, a typographer, it allowed me to explore and imagine otherways in which this could be possible.
One idea was to use electrical tape on the wall and I would be able to get straight lines aswell. I explored this idea by using two a1 sheets of paper and drawing the word perspective in my chosen type face. I then placed them in a room corner to see what the effect would be and I was very pleased with the outcome as the word really accentuates the perspective. Below is my creation.


Another idea was to create a anamorphic projection. I have researched a little into anamorphic projection and mainly found it was a 3D effect of painting on the ground. The example I found and most enjoyed is the Channel 4 Advert where it is a panning shot of random shapes in the sky but when the camera hits a certain angle it shows '4'. I have tried to re create this with the word perspective using plant labels.
Below is the film I created and pictures exploring 'Perspective' with anamorphic projection.

Using Photoshop I have painted on the word 'Perspective' to highlight how the video works


Below are some examples of anamorphic projection,




No comments:

Post a Comment