Thursday 28 October 2010

Day 34: Print Workshop

 I really enjoyed the process, making and final outcomes of today. I found that whilst I enjoyed printing with basic stencils and trying different techniques, I preferred experimenting to brush stroke and different marks to make a range of surface patterns.
 This is a picture of afew final pieces which were displayed for the open day. I am pleased with the overall look and found that as I had used a restricted colour palette all my pieces worked well next to each other. Whilst studying others artwork I noticed that colour could be used in a strong and vibrant way aswell as subtle mix giving the print a different tone.
 Above is a print I made using a metal sheet which I then layered ink onto and worked into using a range of mark making techniques. To create different effects I used stencils, cardboard pieces, brushes and other tools. By using the printing press I was able to produce this on a large scale which meant I could really use alot of detail.
 Above is a photo of another print I made. This is one of my favourites as it is a simple process but what is made is very beautiful. By splashing water onto the piece of metal covered in ink I was able to produce a spontaneous print.
I created this print by simply putting through a thin piece of bubble wrap on the printing press. The first print I used too much ink and therefore did not produce much detail but the next few showed all the detail of the bubble wrap popping which is very intricate and detailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment