Tuesday 12 October 2010

Day 22: Typography

Typography

Type becomes the visual excitement

Task:
  • Study and image and write 15 words which you relate to the image.
  • From these 15 chose 5 words to develop.
  • Using these 5 words we were free to create anything type of artwork but must include the words in some way.
Analysis
I have enjoyed the workshop today as we are constantly using fonts, words and symbols but never explore the meaning behind them. I had never considered using type in artwork as previous projects where I have seen it, it gives the work a messy finish, probably due to the lack of expertise. When looking at other works which include fiona banner and Alan Kitching, I have really been able to appreciate how to manipulate type as an artwork itself. I used the website dafont to use fonts that already existed as a starting point for my work. I was not sure what I wanted the final outcome to be wether it was a garment, installtion painting etc. so in my initial ideas i tried to include a variety. When looking to develop one I am keen to create an installation representing the effect of perspective. My idea is quite adventurous so I need to think of ways in which I will be able to produce it on a large scale. We also have thursday working on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment